The new NARS Pro Brush Collection
I don’t even know where to start with the NARS Pro Brush Collection. The face brush is $ 95… I mean, I can’t. I just can’t. Almost $ 100 for a single brush is craziness to me. I thought a $ 38 Chanel eye brush was stressful!
I received these brushes as press samples, so I didn’t purchase them on my own. Because if I had, I would be the type of person who drives to Petco to buy Tabby’s gravy in a tricked-out Mercedes with those automatic side mirrors that collapse down like Transformers.
I am not that person… I drive a six-year-old Mazda.
If I were that type of person, though, I would consider getting one, or maybe two, of the uber-luxe, shockingly soft brushes in this collection. (Note: I was so shocked by how soft these were that I couldn’t keep it to myself. I had to have El Hub try them.)
Would I get all eight, though? No, not unless Tabs scores a big kitty modeling contract.
Again, the #1 Finisher powder brush is $ 95. The most “affordable” brush (air quotes) in the collection is a small angled eye brush called the #8 Small Sculptor, and it’s still $ 45.
There are eight brushes in all, most of them face brushes, with a couple of eye brushes in there as well.
The NARS Pro Brush Collection breakdown
- #1 The Finisher ($ 95) — A large and fluffy brush ideal for buffing and blending powder formulas.
- #2 The Brightener ($ 95) — A large, teardrop-shaped brush that specializes in highlighting and all-over blending with a weightless touch.
- #3 The Intensifier ($ 85) — A medium-sized brush designed for creating defined cheek looks.
- #4 The Sculptor ($ 85) — A medium-sized, angled brush ideal for sculpting, diffusing and dispersing fluid formulas.
- #5 The Small Brightener ($ 55) — A small, teardrop-shaped brush with a weightless touch, ideal for highlighting eyes and other small areas on the face, like the bridge of the nose, Cupid’s bow and cheekbones.
- #6 The Small Intensifier ($ 55) — A small, domed-shaped brush ideal for targeted contouring on the nose, in the crease, and on other small areas of the face.
- #7 The Flat Intensifier ($ 55) — A small, flat makeup brush ideal for focused effects on the eyes and brows with powder formulas, and also for eyeshadow artistry, defining brows and setting under-eye concealer.
- #8 The Small Sculptor ($ 45) — A small angled makeup brush ideal for adding dimension — with liquid and cream formulas — to small areas around the eyes and lips.
— Paraphrased from NARS PR
From the top: NARS #1 The Finisher ($ 95), #2 The brightener ($ 95), #3 The Intensifier ($ 85) and #4 The Sculptor ($ 85)
According to NARS, the brushes are made in Japan and bound by hand. They’re certainly fancy-looking, right? And the brush heads feel supernaturally soft, which I’d expect for brushes in this price range. I don’t feel a trace of scratchiness. None. These are like rolling around naked on fancy silk sheets. So luxurious!
When I hold the handles in my paw, they also feel sturdy and perfectly balanced. Neither too heavy, nor too light. They feel like they could be heirloom pieces you could pass down from one generation of makeup lover to the next.
What? Am I the only one who’d do that? I’d totally do that!
NARS #5 The Small Brightener ($ 55), #6 The Small Intensifier ($ 55), #7 The Flat Intensifier ($ 55) and #8 The Small Sculptor ($ 45)
Are there other good makeup brushes out there that cost less? Yes, there are. I think with these, you’re mostly paying for the ultra-soft bristles, the fact that they’re handmade, and the NARS logo on the handles.
If you decide to get one, I really like the super soft #5 Small Brightener Brush (the pointy highlighter brush). I think it’s the most versatile. You could use it as a precision highlighting brush, a brush to apply setting powder under your eyes, or as a face powder brush to do specific spot placement (like down the sides of the nose). Plus, at $ 55, it’s practically a steal compared to the other brushes in the set.
If you want to feel these up in person, they’re available now at NARS Boutiques and the NARS website.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Okt 20, 2017 0
Okt 20, 2017 0BECCA Eye Leuchten-Palette auf den Augen und NARS Vibeke Lippenstift ich habe es schon früher gesagt und ich sage es noch einmal — ich bin kein Schnee-person. ich meine, ich mag hanging...
Okt 20, 2017 0
Okt 19, 2017 0